The VIVO from JOYO’s BantamP series is a very compact and portable 20 Watt head. It tries to bring you the sound of a British classic that has been molded to give you the modern high gain tones that so many bands now use. Back in the days, the big 100 Watt heads were “dimed” (all knobs on 10) to push the amplifier really hard and make it distort as much as possible. Out of this came the first amps that were modified to have more gain right from the start. Often, the super saturated high gain sound of those days is referred to as “The Brown Sound” and this is the direction the VIVO excels in.
- Screaming leads, chunky rhythms with a bit of a hole in the mids… this is where the VIVO is strongest. If you wanna rock’n’roll, VIVO is going to be your new best friend!
- The amp operates with a single 12AX7 tube in the preamp and uses a solid state power amp.
- The FX loop enables you to put your time based effects (or Phasers, Flangers and Choruses) behind the drive section and keep the effects sharp and not prevent them from being too muddy.
- The amp also has a CLEAN channel that can take pedals really well, which makes it flexible and a great little companion for many situation where your “big” head is just not sensible.
- The amp has a speaker out rated at 8Ω, but can also be operated at 16Ω with less power.
- Careful, the amp is small, but loud… its 20 Watts can be quite a handful. If you want to practice quietly, use the built in headphone out with speaker emulation.
- The icing on the cake is the BLUETOOTH connectivity. Easily connect with your BLUETOOTH enabled device and play music through the BantamP. This is great to practice with PlayAlongs or to learn songs.